If you’re looking for great ideas on how to enjoy our dates, you’ve landed on the right page! We spend a lot of time in the Naked Dates test kitchen trying out new recipes and discovering new ways to nourish our bodies with delicious certified organic Medjool dates.
If you’ve never used dates in cooking, you’ve never lived! Naked Dates are not only good in cookies, bars, cakes and pies, they are simply awesome in smoothies, shakes and all kinds of cooking. A staple of the raw vegan lifestyle, dates are as versatile as they are nutritious, high in fiber and decadent in texture. Use dates to replace sugar in some baking, or combine with savory ingredients in couscous, rice dishes, holiday stuffings, bread puddings and so much more.
Browse our latest discoveries here, or purchase a date cookbook for yourself to try at home. They also make the perfect gift for the culinary enthusiast in your life.
Tell us what you think: we’d love to hear what you think of our recipes, and encourage you to share some of your own if you’ve got them! Send them in a message, or post them on our Facebook page and we’ll feature the best ones right here on our site!
Healthy Caramel Apples
- 1/2 pound pitted Medjool dates (about 12)
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 medium sized Granny Smith or favorite apple
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Soak Pitted dates in water for at least an hour, and up to overnight
- Wash and insert popsicle sticks or bamboo cake pop sticks into your apples
- Puree date and water mixture on low speed in your food processor until mixture very smooth
- Spread sauce on apples, and then roll in your favorite chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or other secondary “topping”
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve
Recipe found at testkitchentuesday.com
Have a great recipe idea?
Share it on our Recipe Forum! Some recipes may even be included in our next Naked Dates Cookbook!