We are regularly experimenting in the kitchen to find creative new ways to incorporate Naked Dates into everyday recipes. Our team has compiled a collection of our favorite Naked Date recipes featuring some very basic dishes along with a few more adventurous combinations.
Healthy Caramel Apples – More Recipes –>
- 1/2 pound pitted Medjool dates (about 12)
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 medium sized Granny Smith or favorite apple
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Soak Pitted dates in water for at least an hour, and up to overnight
- Wash and insert popsicle sticks or bamboo cake pop sticks into your apples
- Puree date and water mixture on low speed in your food processor until mixture very smooth
- Spread sauce on apples, and then roll in your favorite chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or other secondary “topping”
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve
Recipe found at testkitchentuesday.com
Have a great recipe idea?
Share it on our Recipe Forum! Some recipes may even be included in our next Naked Dates Cookbook!