We are regularly experimenting in the kitchen to find creative new ways to incorporate Naked Dates into everyday recipes. Our team has compiled a collection of our favorite Naked Date recipes featuring some very basic dishes along with a few more adventurous combinations.
Naked Date Oatmeal Bars – More Recipes –>
- 1 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan, combine the dates, water and sugar. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring constantly.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in the butter and egg white until blended. Pat half of the mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully spread with date mixture. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over date mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven, or until the top is lightly browned. Cool before cutting into bars.
Have a great recipe idea?
Share it on our Recipe Forum! Some recipes may even be included in our next Naked Dates Cookbook!